Learning Lessons with Mrs. Labrasciano Home Shop Instagram Pinterest Email Image Map

Inexpensive Student Ornament Gift


Are you in need of an expensive student gift? This one cost me $3 for 30 ornaments.  You can personalize them with a vinyl cutter or by hand lettering them with a sharpie.

Materials:  Plastic Poster Board (find at your local craft store), Used Crayons, Sharpener, Sharpie or 2 Sheets of Vinyl, Hot Glue Gun



First you'll need to cut the poster board into your desired shape.  You can use a die cut, scissors or a vinyl cutting machine.  I used my Cricut for these.  Next I used my hot glue gun to melt a circle opening at the top of every circle.  You could also use a sturdy hole punch.


Next I cut the names out of vinyl.  If you don't have a cutter you could hand write them with a sharpie marker.


 Then I sharpened crayons to sprinkle on the back of every circle.  Less is definitely more when it comes to placing the wax on the circle.


 After you place the wax on the circle you'll have to melt them at 120 degrees in the oven for about 2 minutes.  If your circle starts to roll at the edges, place it in your freezer and gently press the center down until it cools flat.

This is the final product. You could tie a ribbon on it or give it with a suction cup.  They make great sun catchers.


I'm giving my students the ornament with this tag.  You can find it for free by selecting the photograph below.









No comments:

Post a Comment