Learning Lessons with Mrs. Labrasciano Home Shop Instagram Pinterest Email Image Map

Behavior Round Up

Have you ever had one of those school years? One where you are counting down the days until you can start over again.  This is the year for me.  Now don't get me wrong I love my students.  I'm not wishing away my life or anything.  However, student behavior is wearing me out.  I have learned through blogging that we aren't in it alone.  I recently called out an S.O.S. on Instagram.  I told my friends that I need some new behavior plans.  The best part was that they didn't judge, they came to the rescue.

I went to the Dollar Store and purchased solar powered dancing bugs and needed a plan.
Behavior Incentives


                              More Time 2 Teach


My fellow Florida blogger Melissa from More Time 2 Teach had an excellent plan  Read it below.

I loved this idea and used it last week.  It was a hit with the kids.  Sometimes, with REALLY challenging behavior, I find that I just have to keep mixing up the behavior plans to make it work. So I'm using every one's suggestions.


Julie from A First For Everything directed me to her blog where she posted her behavior plan.  It's a great idea and one that we should all check out.

Amy from The Unique Classroom posted a book review for a fabulous book that helps you to teach students to take ownership of their behavior.  I can't wait to buy this book!!!

The Garden In My Mind



Emily from Fourth Grade Rock Stars said
Amy from Fun In Room 3 suggested

I especially liked Amy's idea, because her name is Amy, no really because it builds intrinsic behavior.  My favorite!!!!

Below are some more ideas from my Instagram friends:


The Inspired Owl's Corner came up with the cutest class reward system using cupcakes.  Check out her blog to see what it is all about.
Reward System





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Amy, for your sweet words! I have been lucky this year to have a wonderful class, but spring fever has definitely sprung! I have had years where every day was a struggle to get through. I LOVE the flower idea! They are so cute! I also love the raffle ticket idea. At the beginning of the year I gave each group a sticker chart and I would randomly pass out tickets to groups, and take stickers away if they were talking. At the end of the month, the group with the most stickers won a treat. With chattier classes I have used a music box- if the class is noisy after I give the quiet signal, the music box turns on. Once they stop talking, it turns off. If they run out of music before the end of the day Friday, there is no Fun Friday. That worked really well with my chattier groups- once they heard the music, everyone was shushing everyone else up! Thank you again for linking me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ideas! I really like the raffle ticket idea. Typically, I prefer intrinsic rewards, however, there are some classes that just need something to work for (especially at the end of the year!) Great Post!!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete