Learning Lessons with Mrs. Labrasciano Home Shop Instagram Pinterest Email Image Map

The Tampa Bay Lightning - Giving Back To The Children




I live just outside of Tampa.  As a native Floridian I enjoy all of our Florida sports teams.  At the top of my list is the Tampa Bay Lightning.  They have sponsored my class in reading for 2 years in a row.  They offer a program called Score With Reading.  As the kids log their reading time they earn prizes.  One of the prizes that every child can earn is two tickets to a game.  I tell my students who earn the tickets that we can all go the same night if they want to and sit together.  This year there were about 10 students along with their parents who decided to meet me at the game.  We had a great time! Topping off a wonderful experience was the fact that I won a gift card for class supplies from The Lightning.  The effort that this organization puts forth to giving back to the community is wonderful.  They have truly made a difference in my student's lives.  This is an experience that they will remember forever.
The lovely Ms. Wagner and I

No comments:

Post a Comment