Sunshine Blogger Award


I was having a really BLAH day when I saw that the super cute Giggles At Greene nominated me for bringing a little sunshine into her world.  Believe me when I tell you that the feeling is mutual.

I make a conscience effort every day to be positive.  I really like the following quote:
Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys! by Radiance Brown

Receiving the nominations comes along with some tasks.  The first one...

11 Random Facts
1.  I was born is Washington.
2.  I moved to Florida when I was 3 months old.
3.  I'm a Florida Gator.
4.  Dunkin Donuts is my favorite coffee.
5.  My undergraduate degree is in Sociology with a specialization in Criminology.
6.  I interned as a Juvenile Corrections Agent in school.  After working with the kids I decided that I wanted to be a teacher and help them before they made it to probation.  
7.  I have a dog that is part Basenji.  Basenji dogs don't bark.  Mine only does when absolutely necessary.
8.  I have a M.Ed.
9.  My husband and I have been together for more than 18 years.
10.  I am going to move to 2nd grade next year.
11.  I grew up in Orlando.

Noelle's questions:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Let my dog outside before he makes a mess!
2. When you were a child, what was your dream job?
I wanted to be a pediatrician.
3. What is the one thing that will always make you smile, no matter what?
My husband, kids and friends.
4. What is your favorite food?
seafood
5. If you could be a character from a book, who would it be?
That's a tough one.  Maybe Susan from "The Chronicles Of Narnia".  
6. What is your biggest classroom pet peeve?
A mess
7. What is the one thing you have to do before leaving work?
Clear off my guided reading table/desk.
8. What is the one store you cannot live without?
Amazon
9. When it comes to teaching, what is your favorite subject?
Science
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, living or non, who would it be?
My grandmother.  I miss her so much.
11. Who is your biggest role model?
My grandmother.

My Nominees:
TheBusyBusyHiveA Classroom Full of SmilesA First for Everything

Beg Borrow Steal
educasong
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?
The OC Blog Button


The Unique Classroom

I really wish that I could nominate more!!!

My questions (borrowed from Kristin at My Carolina Classroom):
1. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
2. What is your absolute favorite book (that I should read next)? 
3. Why did you start blogging? 
4. What is your favorite part about blogging?  
5. What advice do you have for new bloggers? 
6. Do you hate packing your lunch as much as I do? 
7. What is your favorite part about working with kids? 
8. What is your favorite weekend activity?  
9. Which social media site is your favorite? 
10. What is one thing about you that people are surprised by? 
11. If you could go back in time, would you? 

Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Post 11 questions for nominees to answer.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your nomination!!! I loved learning more about you. It brought tears to my eyes when I read about your grandmother. That's how I feel about my grandfather. I miss him so much it hurts!!! I'd give anything for another day with him... Can't wait to read what some of your nominees have to share!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to go on over to check your blog out now.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award. You have a beautiful blog. And Thank You for the nomination. If I blogged more than I'd feel like I actually deserve the nomination!
    I loved what you wrote about your grandma. Makes me want to see mine, too!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi- You do deserve it! It's not how much you write. It's the quality that you write!

      Delete